Friday, August 29, 2008

So Far So Good

Friday, August 29

Yesterday and today I have only felt a little sickness in the morning and have done well the rest of the time with no Xanax. I did have to take one last night to sleep, but it was minor chest tension and adrenaline keeping me up, not a full attack. (In other words, not something I could fight off, I would have just stayed awake)

I was concerned because I have a counseling appointment tonight (1.5 hours away now) and thought I might have an attack because of that pressure. Filling out the papers was difficult. Several pages of family & personal history asking what I liked & disliked about my childhood, parents, spouse, plus many other questions. It brought up a lot of tension to do the papers but it went away quickly. Anyway, so far I'm doing fine, but my wife is driving my just in case I'm not doing fine by the time the two hour(!) session is over.

One cool thing that happened today - we made a deal with the kids that they would save their allowance until they could afford half of the Pink Panther Cartoon collection and we would pay the rest. (14 hours of short toons from the late 60's that they like). It was $40-something at amazon.com. Today going through my rss feeds I saw that it was the deal of the day for $27, so I snagged it and we'll give it to the kids when they have enough.

It's a holiday weekend in the U.S., and not many people will be reading so I'll quit now. Google Analytics will tell me how many faithful (i.e. non-vacationing) readers remain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/showers.html


It's true.

Marcus said...

Forgive me if I don't post pictures, but I'll try it :)