Sunday, August 24, 2008

Finally Some Sleep...

Sunday, August 24

I could tell that it was shaping up to be another bad night last night so I broke down and took another Xanax. I only have four left now and no doctors appointment on the schedule. I'll call tomorrow but who knows when I'll be able to get in. I still haven't seen my primary doctor yet so hopefully I can do that soon. If I continue to have trouble sleeping I'll have to spread the pills out so I can sleep every two days and hope I get in to the doctor soon I guess.

Anyhow I had a beautiful nights rest; I woke up several times but I was peaceful and able to go right back to sleep, even after the Xanax had worn off. I ended up with 10 hours of sleep, which helped offset the previous two nights.

Here's a proverb I came across today that I thought was funny and appropriate in this translation.
Proverbs 20:24 (NLT):

24 The Lord directs our steps,
so why try to understand everything along the way?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marcus-
I just read through your whole blog and am left feeling a bit emotional about your situation - mostly because I can't help but think about the mental, physical, and emotional process you, me or anyone would have to go through in the short period of time you've had to. I openly admit that I know very little about the serious anxiety issues that you are having to deal with so let me preemptively apologize for the ingorant comments I'll inevitably make along the way.
Two things though:
1. If you haven't heard it already(you probably have) check out the latest Hillsong CD "This is Our God", specifically the song HEALER. I just happened to be listening to the CD while reading your blog and this song came on and my eyes immediately welled up.
2. I have no idea what I could possibly offer you in a time like this that would be of help to you and/or your family, but know that you have my full support - however, that also means that I need you to have the courage to ask for whatever it is that may be of help, encouragement, or blessing. Know that I wouldn't extend that open-ended offer if I didn't truly mean it so there's really no courage needed to ask.

With my prayers and friendship,
Dave

Marcus said...

Thanks Dave, that means a lot.