Saturday, August 23, 2008

Introduction

My name is Marcus. I'm a regular guy who has played music and sang regularly in front of people for 20 years. Literally overnight I have become crippled by anxiety attacks. So far I can only go out or be in front of people if I'm on Xanax. That's bad.

I'm a worship leader (music director) at a church in Snohomish Washington. Starting on July 27, 2008 I've begun to experience anxiety attacks that have been severe enough to put me in bed for a day or more at a time. I am currently on a sabbatical from work and have just begun the process of finding medication, counseling and reading up on my condition.

This blog will serve three purposes:
  • Keep friends & family updated on my condition while simultaneously curing their insomnia.
  • Document events, times, medication, etc. for my failing memory.
  • Serve as a therapeutic outlet while I deal with this and make progress towards wellness.
Some notes about myself:
  • At times things are very difficult for me, but when they're not I'm a chronic joker and especially enjoy subtle humor. That will hopefully be reflected in my posts.
  • I enjoy photography as a hobby and you can check out my flickr page here.
  • I edit posts a lot. If you see that a post has been edited, don't assume I've redacted information; usually it's done to change wording I don't like or clarify something.
  • I didn't really like that last sentence but I think I'll leave it.

No comments: